Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We encourage as many organisations as possible to join the Argyll Community Lottery as one of the eligible good causes. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005), we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within Argyll and Bute which benefit residents of Argyll and Bute
- Have a constitution
- Have a bank account
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
- Be either:
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Any other constituted group with a volunteer management committee comprising at least three members and which meets at least three times a year
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting a particular political belief or activity
- Groups promoting campaigns which do not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Argyll and Bute
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of Argyll and Bute
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
You will be asked to commit to using the marketing materials provided and other means of communication to achieve at least 20 ticket sales within four weeks of being provided a page on the site.
The Operator reserves the right to:
- Reject any application for any reason
- Terminate the participation of any organisation with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason, unless fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected in which case termination will be immediate
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Argyll Community Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Argyll Community Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.